Being consistent in your web designs optimizes your marketing efforts and allows your clients to be familiar with your brand’s services and mission. One way you can gain trust and create a positive presence across digital touchpoints is by posting graphical content that is fresh, relevant, and engaging. This covers items such as online banners, blog pictures, podcast graphics, infographics, email headers and banners, and social media posts.
Unlike print designs, graphics tailored for the web are optimized to provide better experiences as they can involve dynamic animations, audio, or video elements. These are interactive and the file sizes can be significantly lighter than the traditional printed images. Designing one can be a bit challenging as the designer will have to take into account compatibility with different web browsers and operating systems.
Below is a step-by-step guide to help you create a well-written web design blueprint for your project.
Submit a new request from your portal and complete the intake form, starting with the name of your project. Always try to craft concise names that will reflect what the project is all about.
If you have already created aBrand Guide you would like to link, choose its name from the dropdown list. For more information on how it works, click here.
On the open-ended description box, write down the visual direction and exact design style you want to produce. You must also specify the following in bullet form:
- Preferred PPI (the standard is 72 PPI, but we can go beyond that if needed)
- Where you plan to post the design
- File types (specify if you want the final output to be in .GIF, .EPS, .JPG, .PNG, .SVG, .PDF, .PSD, .AI)
- Assets that you want to re-use from your linked Brand Guide
- For your aesthetic preferences, you are free to link reference materials to provide our designer with that concept that you would like us to draw inspiration from
- If you would like to add some text, upload the file containing the lines you want to be included.
Planning a new design project? Check out our scope of service here .